Tuesday, April 14, 2015

The Isolation Chamber

I used to get worried about posting something online, and nobody seeing it. I used to be so wrapped up in the validation of "friends" or "followers," and I'm not completely sure why.

These days I find solace in being able to use this particular blog as a sounding board for whatever seems to be my personal mental quandary of the day. I know there will be no judgement, because I get few enough clicks, that there's no one even here to judge.

That's not saying I mind the input of others. I personally welcome it. Otherwise I'd just be writing shit down in a journal at home and tucking it away somewhere for it to be tossed into the dumps of oblivion, or wherever all those old Xanga posts went.

Something that's been interesting in my attempts to create and post online, is where any actual viewership or fandom comes from. I always thought you started with a base from your family and friends, and that's not to say that they haven't been supportive in some ways, but if I'm going to get views on a video, or readers to a blog, it is more often than not from people I don't even actually know in real life.

Honestly, that's ok by me. I've been lucky enough to get to know tons of people online that I would have never known otherwise thanks to the things I've posted online, and many of them have been way more supportive than I've ever deserved.

Any way.

What I'm saying is, no one is reading this, and I don't care. I just need to write things out sometimes.

Stay Sexy.

No comments:

Post a Comment